High Onn Wharf waterways opened in 1835 on the Shropshire Union Canal. Its engineer, Thomas Telford, who designed and built nearby Iron Bridge, the first of its kind in the world also designed grade II listed High Onn Bridge No 25.
The Wharf is located on the Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Central (Main Line) between High Onn Bridge No 25 (Church Eaton one mile northeast to 50 metres to the southeast) and Cowley Tunnel No 33 (South end one mile, to just over half a mile to the northwest), High Onn Wharf holds a beautiful spot in the heart of the local countryside. A popular spot for moorings and walkers who come and enjoy this idyllic stretch of canal.
For information on vacant moorings please contact the estates office on 01952 850111, or email email@example.com