A housing trust set up to provide accommodation to women and girls in need across Shropshire.
Founded by the children of The 1st Earl of Bradford, it was his daughter, Lady Herbert, in 1716 who first had the vision to help women in need. Joined a few years later by her brother Viscount Torrington, their first project saw the trust build and endow an almshouse for the women and girls of Shropshire. A close family link still remains today, with The 7th Earl of Bradford currently Chairman of the Trustees. In recent years the trust has relocated from Preston upon the Weald Moors to a modern purpose built building in Newport of 14 apartments for elderly residents.
For further information please contact the Warden, John, on 01952 282 050.